Security Software Engineer
Edgeless Systems GmbH is deep tech security start-up based in Bochum, Germany. We develop a platform for the provably secure and accountable processing of large amounts of data. The platform builds upon Confidential Computing hardware (e.g., Intel SGX). It enables new and unique forms of trustworthy data processing with tremendous potential in automotive, healthcare, finance, manufacturing and more. We are currently rolling out our technology with a selection of big corporate partners.
Edgeless Systems is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) in the context of the GAIA-X initiative for a secure European cloud. The founders team has many years of working on cutting-edge security software, for example at Microsoft.
This is your chance to get on board early and help build and scale a great company.
- Development and design of in-enclave and out-enclave software in frontend and backend
- Implementation of cryptographic protocols with high security demands
- Implementation of distributed systems with high performance and safety demands
- Ideally, university degree in computer science, mathematics, cryptography, IT security, or similar
- Experience in writing high-quality code in some of the following languages: Go, Rust, C++17, x86-64 ASM, Python3
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: distributed systems, machine learning, cryptography, differential privacy, blockchain, operating systems design
- Deep understanding of security aspects in software development
- High degree of self-motivation and self-organization, creativity
- Desire to build something great
What we offer
- Exciting challenges and lots of freedom to tackle them
- Plenty of opportunities for growth within a great team
- Attractive stock-based compensation